Thigh lift abroad in Tunisia
Thigh lift surgery is a cosmetic surgery, which consists in the removal of excess skin at the inner thigh due to the sagging. This loosening of the skin of the thighs may occur after significant weight loss or just with age.
Exactly like arm lift, liposuction alone is insufficient to address a sagging skin on the thighs. The procedure for the correction of this defect involves the retightening of sagging skin.
Inner thigh lift is also called cruroplasty. Excess fat and sagging skin are removed to reshape the thigh and give it a firmer and less flaccid appearance.
Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda is at your disposal to guide you and offers the best prices for all your cosmetic surgery and thighs lift interventions.
What is Thigh lift surgery?
The thigh lift is known as cruroplastie is an operation that is done to remove excess skin from the inner thigh and re-drape it. This intervention is almost invariably associated with liposuction.
Thigh lift is used in the surgical procedure in case of significant loosening of the skin from the inner thigh due to a very significant weight loss or aging.
Preparation for thigh lift surgery
- As with any surgery, a checkup before surgery should be done.
- To avoid the risk of delayed healing, tobacco is strongly discouraged.
- During the ten days preceding the intervention, aspirin based treatments will be suspended.
Type of anesthesia and hospital procedure
Type of anesthesia:
The thigh lift requires general anesthesia.
Modality of hospitalization:
Consider this intervention for a 3-day hospitalization time.
Thigh lift surgery operation
This operation is performed only in cases of skin laxity in the thigh with a clearly expressed motivation.
The incision is made at the front, near the groin; it extends the groove (between the perineum and the top of the inside of the thigh) to the gluteal fold. This horizontal incision matches the future scar.
In extreme cases of excess skin at the inside of the thighs, a vertical scar is added to the horizontal scar (T scar).
The procedure will be as follows:
- Fatty infiltration by a hypotonic solution.
- Liposuction of the inner thigh to remove excess fat and skin peeling easier.
- Peel minima and resection of excess skin.
- Skin suture in two planes on aspiratifs redon drains.
- An important technical point is to report and conduct: the deep attachment of the facial flap ligament that is at the top inner side of the thigh, to prevent migration of scars down.
The scar will be hidden and discreet as in a natural crease.
The procedure takes an average of two hours.
A compression bandage is placed at the end of intervention.
Thigh lift abroad
After thigh lift surgery
- The surgeon will ask drains immediately after the end of the intervention, they must be kept approximately one to two days to reduce the risk of possible bruising.
- The absorbable sutures are.
- During the first postoperative weeks and months, we observe constantly and with no danger:
- An appearance of bruising (bruises) and edema.
- The sensitivity of the inner thighs is reduced transiently.
- Moderate and perfectly bearable pain relieved by simple analgesics.
- The recovery period is 15 days.
- All activities involving physical exertion like sports will be suspended for two months.
- Wait at least three months to assess the results of the intervention and wait up to a year to assess the final aspect of scars.
Thigh Lift Surgery risks and possible complications
The thigh lift gives a great satisfaction to patients and complications are very rare. you should nevertheless be aware.
Thromboembolisms such as phlebitis, pulmonary embolism are rarely observed.
- Surgical evacuation is performed immediately as soon as a hematoma is found.
- To reduce the risk of infection caused by the proximity of a natural crease (normal microbial cottage), it is imperative to maintain a flawless and impeccable hygiene before and after surgery until healing.
- You can also note a lymphatic effusion possibly requiring puncture. In most cases, the effusion dries without repercussions or specific consequences.
- Scarring, usually of about two weeks, can sometimes be delayed.
- Skin necrosis is extremely rare.
- A disorder of the sensitivity of the inner thighs can be reported, but gradually she reappears within a period from March to June months postoperatively.
While surgery has risks even for small interventions, however they should not be amplified and overestimated.
Procedure : aims to achieve the removal of excess skin, reduce fat infiltration underlying and well suspending the skin in-depth (the facial plane underlying).
Hospital stay : 3 nights.
Length :2-3 hours.
Anesthesia : General.
Side Effects : bruising, swelling, temporary numbness, temporary skin irregularity.
Risks : infection, excessive scarring, asymmetry, bleeding, fluid collection, delayed wound healing.
Stay in Tunisia : 7 nights = 3 nights at the clinic + 4 nights at the hotel.
Recovery :2 - 3 weeks.
Result :12 weeks until final result, scars continue to improve over 18 months.