Arm lift in Tunisia
Arm lift, also known as brachioplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure that aims to correct a sagging skin at the inner arms. This relaxation is due, generally, to a significant weight loss or aging of the skin.
In this case, only liposuction is not an effective solution; on the contrary, it would worsen the sagging of the skin.
Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda practices skin retightening by removing the excess of skin of the inner arms, almost always involving liposuction. The arms and return to their taut, firm and aesthetics appearance.
With Dr Chiraz Bouzguenda, you will be directed throughout the pre and post operative stage. She is available to answer all your questions; you can contact her now from the contact form on our website.
What is arm lift surgery?
Arm lift or brachioplasty is a surgical procedure that involves tighten the skin arms (inside) by removing excess skin.
Very often a liposuction the inner arms is performed at the same time as the lifting of the inner arms.
Like thigh lift surgery, inner arm lift is indicated in the important skin laxity. Sagging of the inner arms is either the skin aging is in considerable loss of weight (obesity, pregnancy ...).
Preparation for arm lift surgery
A preoperative assessment is essential.
Tobacco use can cause delayed healing, therefore it should be suspended at least four weeks before and after surgery.
Prohibition of any medicine containing aspirin during the preoperative ten days.
Anesthesia for arm lift
- Type of anesthesia: General anesthesia where the patient is completely asleep necessary.
- Terms of hospitalization: This surgery requires 2-3 nights' stay at a surgery clinic abroad.
Arm lift operation
The Arm Lift is exclusively for excessive skin laxity and will be performed as soon as a motivation is explicitly expressed.
As soon as one notices the presence of fat infiltration in the arms, liposuction is associated with the arm lift.
A longitudinal incision located all along the inner face of the arm will be made to remove excess skin.
Before the intervention and with the help of the patient, the size and topography of excess skin will be identified and traced.
The brachial tuck usually lasts 1:00 to 1:30.
A pressure bandage will be applied at the end of intervention.
Arm lift abroad
After Arm Lift Surgery
- To minimize the risk of hematoma, drains are frequently introduced. The drainage system is maintained for one to two days.
- After 48 hours post operation, the bandage will be removed and a compression garment will take over. It will increase 24H / 24 and this for about a month and a half.
- The sutures are made of absorbable son.
- From the first 24 hours after removal of drains, the patient can take his first postoperative shower.
As with any surgery, it is generally even notice the first few weeks the first month:
- Edema (swelling) and bruising (bruises) that can last 15 to 21 days, they are usually irregular and of varying importance.
- There is a transient decrease in sensitivity of the inner arms.
- The post-operative pain is relieved by analgesics conventional treatments.
- The recovery period is estimated at 10-15 days.
- Any sport must imperatively be suspended for two months.
- To judge the end result, you must wait at least three months for the final appearance of scars 12 months.
Arm lift surgery risks and possible complications
Like any surgery, the arm lift (Brachioplasty) involves certain risks. Although very rare, it is important to be aware of. Patients typically get the expected result and they are very satisfied.
Thromboembolic exceptionally accidents we see as phlebitis or pulmonary embolism.
- A hematoma
- Infection: To reduce the risk of infection caused by the proximity of a natural crease (normal microbial cottage), it is imperative to maintain a flawless and impeccable hygiene before and after surgery until healing.
- Lymphatic flow: It will be effectively treated by a puncture and fortunately in most cases the effusion dries without repercussions or specific consequences.
- A longer post operatives due to a delayed healing.
- The appearance of skin necrosis is exceptional.
- A disorder of the sensitivity of the inside of the arm can be reported, but gradually she reappears within postoperative March-June months.
- Ultimately, the arm lift remains safe and low risk, do not overstate the risks but simply to read it.
Arm lift surgery abroad cost
Arm lift abroad in Tunisia is cheap and very affordable.
Procedure : aims to achieve the removal of excess skin reduce the underlying fat infiltration and re-drape all.
Hospital stay : 2 nights.
Length :2 hours.
Anesthesia : General.
Side Effects : bruising, swelling, temporary numbness, temporary skin irregularity.
Risks : infection, excessive scarring, asymmetry, bleeding, permanent numbness, delayed wound healing.
Stay in Tunisia :6 nights = 2 nights at the clinic + 4 nights at the hotel.
Recovery : 1 to 2 weeks.
Result : 12 weeks until final result, scars continue to improve over 18 months.