Otoplasty in Tunisia
Otoplasty is cosmetic surgery that corrects protruding ears. This problem is one of the most common aspects of mishaps at the head. Usually due to genetic malformation, this deformation affects the whole shape of the face and gives an undesirable appearance.
Otoplasty is a procedure that changes the shape of the ear cartilage in order to recover the ears to their places and give a fairly harmonious shape to the face. Following planning and in advance predetermined program, otoplasty is a procedure that permanently repairs the appearance of protruding ears for the face, finally found a more balanced appearance.
Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda offers detailed study your case to establish a pre operative assessment and direct you to the most appropriate solution for you. During your recovery period you will be monitored to be sure of the result of the evolution in the right direction. Do not hesitate to contact for more details on your otoplasty in Tunisia.
What is otoplasty - Ear pinning surgery?
We use otoplasty if a correction of prominent ears must be made, in order to adjust the look of a too conspicuous or unsightly ear pavilions.
This procedure, called Pinnaplasty or Otoplasty, is usually performed on both ears, however it can be unilateral.
Otoplasty aims to correct the malformation of the ear cartilage pavilion that gives the ear that “unstuck” look.
We meet three types of abnormalities that are virtually interlinked:
- A true "detachment" generally resulting from a significant angle between the pinna and the skull: "Helix valgus."
- The cartilage of the conch with a large size, pushing the ear forward, which amplifies the look of detachment: "hypertrophy of the concha."
- A malformation that affects the cartilage reliefs folding giving the impression that the ear is "unfolded": "Defect of the folding of the antihelix."
Ear surgery abroad
The objective of this face cosmetic surgery is to remedy this malformation permanently, reshaping the cartilage defect for a natural and harmonious appearance of the ears.
The correction of the prominent ears is practicable from the age of 7 years.
Preparation for otoplasty - Ear pinning surgery
- A health check should be made mandatory.
- During the 10 days preceding the intervention, is it forbidden to take treatment containing aspirin.
- Meticulous hair washing is recommended before the operation.
Type of anesthesia and hospitalization
Type of anesthesia:
Otoplasty is done under general or an in depth local anesthesia.
Terms of hospitalization:
The patient will be allowed to leave the hospital the same day after a few hours of surveillance. However, a short-term overnight hospitalization is desirable for some cases.
Otoplasty - Ear pinning surgery operation
Different techniques are available but there are common surgical procedures:
They are located in the groove behind the ear is the natural fold at the rear of the ear or its posterior.
Detachment of the skin behind the ear cartilage to allow its exposing.
Recreating the folding of the antihelixes cartilage, fixed with points of non absorbable sutures to redraw its natural contours. The pavilion is then presented in harmony with the skull and fixed by deep stitches.
Skin resection and suture:
After skin resection in time, suturing the incisions with absorbable son.
Elastic bands will be placed around the head to keep the ears in a good position. An otoplasty can take up to 1:00 to 1:30 intervention.
Otoplasty in Tunisia
After otoplasty - Ear pinning surgery
It is frequently observed during the first postoperative weeks or months:
- Edema and bruises that disappear after 15-21 days.
- Reversible decreased sensitivity flag and lobule of the ear for a few months. We must therefore protect them from the cold (wearing a cap) or heat (heat from the hair dryer settings).
- A simple analgesic treatment is recommended in case of pain.
Post-operative instructions after otoplasty - Ear pinning surgery
- After the first 24 hours, replace the bandage "helmet" by a light dressing maintained by a headband. At that time, the glasses will be used again.
- It will be recommended to wear a headband (tennis type headband) 24h / 24h for a month, then for the next month only at night, to keep the ears in a good psition.
- Suspension of physical activity or sport.
- The absorbable sutures are.
An aesthetic change is visible immediately, however the end result is judged from 6 months.
Otoplasty - Ear pinning surgery complications
The risks of surgery are minimal protruding ears, we must however take note.
- Complications related to anesthesia.
- Hematoma requiring surgical recovery.
- Chondrite or cartilage infection: very rare, requiring rapid and efficient treatment.
- Skin necrosis of the anterior surface of the pinna: exceptional, requiring local treatment until healing.
- Hypertrophic scars or keloids requiring specific treatment.
Finally, we must conceive that otoplasty is a surgical procedure in itself, so it has its share of risks, but still we must not exaggerate the risks.
Ear correction surgery abroad cost
Fill in our quotation Form online, so that Dr Chiraz Bouzguenda can send you quotation with your cheap cosmetic surgery prices in Tunisia.
Send us some photos of the areas to be treated.
Procedure : it is to correct abnormalities of cartilage present at the pinna, responsible for its "unstuck” shape.
Hospital stay : one day or 3 nights (1night before + 2 nights after the surgery).
Length :1 hour.
Anesthesia : twilight with local or general anesthesia.
Side Effects : bruising, swelling, temporary numbness, temporary skin irregularity.
Risks : infection, excessive scarring, asymmetry, bleeding, permanent numbness, recurrence.
Stay in Tunisia : 7 nights = 3 nights at the clinic + 4 nights at the hotel.
Recovery : 1 - 2 weeks.
Result :12 weeks until final result. Scars continue to improve over 18 months.