Eyelid surgery abroad in Tunisia
Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is a cosmetic surgery operation that is to reduce the excess skin of the eyelid and remove fat pockets to get a younger look. With time and age, eyelids suffer embarrassing changes, causing sagging skin; wrinkles and formation of bags under the eyes, making therefore these puffy eyes look older. Eyelid surgery, called blepharoplasty, is to go against these misfortunes and give the eyes back her youthful look.
However, for the correction of the eyelid there are two types of interventions:
- The upper blepharoplasty: is to treat and operate drooping upper eyelids.
- The lower blepharoplasty: is the reduction of excess skin and removing pockets of fat on the eyelids
What is eyelid surgery - blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic eyelid surgery aims to reshape the signs of aging eyelids to have a more youthful look.
Eyelid aging signs are characterized by:
- For upper eyelids: excess skin that causes a significant drop on the eye that generates heavy and drooping eyelids.
- A fat herniation with or without excess skin, generates bags under the eyes and a weary look.
Cosmetic eyelid surgery can correct the unsightly aspects of the eyelids by removing pockets that surround the eyes and refresh the look.
Eyelid surgery abroadFor information
- The upper and lower eyelids can be operated separately or simultaneously.
- Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that can be performed alone or when aggregated with other cosmetic surgery of the face.
- Blepharoplasty does not treat dark circles, sagging eyebrows or lion wrinkles.
Eyelid surgery and other cosmetic surgery procedures
Face & Neck Lift surgery: Often face and neck lift surgery is combined with eyelid surgery.
Before eyelid surgery
- A consultation with an ophthalmologist is required to deal with any eventuality of eye problem.
- As with any surgery, a checkup is requested.
- You should not take aspirin based drugs, ten days preceding the intervention.
Type of anesthesia and hospitalization
Three types of anesthesia are possible:
- Pure local anesthesia can be provided for an upper blepharoplasty.
- General anesthesia is envisaged at a lower blepharoplasty or all four eyelids.
- Local anesthesia: the anesthetic is injected locally and intravenously.
One of the three anesthetics mentioned above is selected in agreement with you, your cosmetic surgeon and anesthetist.Terms of hospital
With regard to the clinical residence time for blepharoplasty, it is that the procedure can be done on an outpatient basis of entry and exit on the same day. We rarely opt for a short hospital stay.
Eyelid surgery operation
Each plastic surgeon have his own method. Thanks to his knowledge, it adapts to each client's specific case. Nevertheless everyone agrees on common gestures:Skin incisions:
- At the upper eyelids: tracing is carried in the palm of the eyelids.
- At the lower eyelids: tracing is realized, approximately 2mm below the eyelashes and a little outwards.
These incisions cause scars imperceptible to the naked eye based in the natural creases of the eyelids.
Upper and lower eyelid surgery abroad
Note: If the under eyes bags phenomenon that occurs in the lower eyelids, blepharoplasty by trans-conjunctival route is developed: the incisions are operated from the inside of the eyelid as to not leave visible scars.
Lower eyelid surgery in TunisiaSkin and fat resection:
At the eyelid incision, fat piles are removed and excess skin or distended muscles are lifted. An external canthopexy act for the lower eyelids is sometimes chosen when it is indicated.Sutures:
The sons usually worn in the eyelid surgery are not absorbable. They must be removed one week after the intervention.Duration of the procedure:
The operating time varies from one hour to 2 hours and in the number of eyelids treated.After the Eyelid Surgery - Blepharoplasty
3 to 6 months is needed for a final assessment of the result of a blepharoplasty. The first days after the intervention the suites and postoperative effects are mainly marked by the presence of swelling, tearing and bruising. A pronounced color on scars can persist for several weeks after surgery. The pain is usually mild, but you probably get a slight feeling of tightness around the eyes, eyelids or contraction of certain visual disorders that can be controlled with painkillers and medications prescribed by your surgeon.
Post-operative instructions after Eyelid Surgery - Blepharoplasty
- Eye Rest: reading and television are cons-indicated in suites eyelid surgical interventions for the first 48 hours.
- Physical rest: sports and heavy physical activities are avoided in postoperative of blepharoplasty.
- It is advisable to protect the eyes from irritation aroused by the sun and wind by dark sunglasses during the first weeks after surgery.
- It is advisable to keep the eyelids, for the first few hours after surgery, in compresses regularly moistened with saline to facilitate the deflation of the eyes and lower the risk of hematoma.
- Resuming work and makeup is permitted after the son withdrawal.
Eyelid surgery risks and possible complications
Each surgery may have complications; those of plastic surgery of the eyelids are very rare. But with this, we must exaggerate the risks.
- Risks associated with general anesthesia are very well explained by the anesthesiologist during your consultation.
- Other general risks but few are planned as the risk of hematoma and the risk of infection or inflammation of the operative site.
- The retraction or appointed ectropion of the lower eyelid (round eye) disappears after massage sessions and rarely requires reoperation.
- The chemosis: there is a swelling of the conjunctiva safe. This swelling disappears after a few weeks.
- Troublement risk of tear secretion: a persistent flow of tears or conversely there will be an eye syndrome.
- Frequent complications in the complete closure of the upper lid and it are called "Lagophthalmos".
- Unlike the "Lagophthalmos", there are possible risks in the opening of the whole upper eyelid.
- Epidermal cysts due to epidermal inclusions at the scars level. They are easily removed with a small needle.
- Chance to have dissatisfaction or a failure in the desired result: they require further surgery after six months of intervention.
Price & cost of eyelid surgery abroad in Tunisia
The price of eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty abroad in Tunisia is cheap and affordable.
Procedure : is to resect excess skin, muscle and fat protrusions (eye puffiness)
Hospital stay : 3 nights (1night before + 2 nights after the surgery).
Length :1- 2 hours.
Anesthesia : locally with sedation or general.
Side Effects : bruising, swelling, discomfort, temporary numbness, blurred vision.
Risks : temporary blurred or double vision, infection, bleeding, slight asymmetry in healing or scarring, ectropion.
Stay in Tunisia : 6 nights = 3 nights at the clinic + 3 nights at the hotel.
Recovery : Back to work: 7 to 10 days.
Result :12 weeks until final result, scars continue to improve over 18 months.