Buttock fat transfer abroad in Tunisia
Buttock fat transfer also called buttock fat grafting or buttock lipofilling is a cosmetic surgery for buttock augmentation that allows taking the fat from the patient and reinjecting it on buttocks.
The engraftment is estimated at 60 to 70%. There is therefore a fat absorption of 30 to 40%.
Buttock fat transfer is a definitive method: the grafted cells remains alive. However, you should know that fat cells have a genetic memory: when the patient grows or loses weight, the volume of the buttocks varies in the same way.
Buttocks fat grafting allows a natural increase and definitive relief of the buttock without foreign body (buttock implants).
One of the great advantages of buttocks lipofilling is that it will allow redrawing the buttocks’ contours. This gives a more natural result than buttock implants; prostheses do not meet the upper half of the buttock.
With the buttocks fat transfer and the associated liposuction, it is allowed to dream of having a well plumped up and enhanced buttocks. It is therefore "two procedures in one" liposuction and an increase in the volume of the buttocks.
What is a beautiful buttock?
Morphological studies have shown that, in women, a buttock is beautiful when the waist / hip ratio is around 0.7.
Thus buttock lifting is enhanced by a natural curve starting from the waist to the side of the thighs, and the profile. The natural curve starts from the last rib to the top of the buttock, drawing the curve of the back or "fall kidney”.
In front or the side, there is the magic number of 0.7.
Above this figure, the buttock is not developed and merges with the back or waist. Below this number, the buttock is said to planned, too big with "saddlebags".
Lipofilling buttocks is often associated with a real liposuction of the flanks and saddlebags, it aims to better distribute the grease to reach the magic number of 0.7.
What is buttock fat transfer?
Buttocks fat grafting also called fat injection to buttocks is a cosmetic surgery for the buttock augmentation that allows the collection of patients’ fat located in a body area (saddlebags, abdomen, flanks ... ) liposuction, and then reinjecting it to (re) give volume to your buttocks and reshape the better.
Buttock fat transfer indications
Aesthetic buttock augmentation by fat injection has its best indications as well in women than in men:
- Whose buttocks too flat, undeveloped.
- that wants more bulging buttocks, rounder and larger.
- Who does not want a foreign body (buttock implant or prosthesis).
- Who have a localized excess fat (saddlebags, abdomen, flanks).
Buttock fat transfer limits
Injection of fat in the buttocks allows a moderate increase in the volume of the buttocks, due to the systematic elimination of some part of the injected fat (30 to 40%). A Lipofilling buttock allows an increase in volume equivalent to a prosthetic buttocks buttocks 200-250 dc maximum.
This technique is possible only if the patient has a sufficient fat donor site. Indeed, for a buttock augmentation, it takes about 300 ml of fat per buttock. For this it is necessary to aspire at least 1 liter of good quality grease.
A second operation, 6 months to 1 year later, could then possible to obtain a larger volume similar to the buttocks of prostheses.
Buttock fat transfer benefits compared to buttock implants
The buttock augmentation by fat grafting is an excellent procedure to reshape the buttocks flat and has several advantages:
- No risks of implants or prosthetic buttocks hull rupture prosthesis, waves or folds...
- Refinement of the silhouette with liposuction of donor areas.
- No risk of rejection of the injected fat: the fat from the patient's own body.
- Absence of scar (just the micro-incisions scars).
- Consistency a very natural touch to the buttock.
- Very natural appearance of the buttock.
- One of the great benefits of buttock augmentation by lipofilling is the ability to redraw the buttock, but its contours. This gives a more natural and harmonious aspect as buttock implants; Prosthetic buttocks fill the upper half of the buttock.
The buttock augmentation by fat grafting allows a natural increase and definitive relief of the buttock with the patient’s fat without buttock prosthesis.
Buttock fat transfer disadvantages compared to buttock implants
- Need large amount of fat to be taken (at least 1 liter of pure fat).
- longer Surgery: long and careful work.
- Ability to make only a moderate increase in the buttocks.
- Possibility to make one session lipofilling buttocks if the donor areas do not allow a second session.
- Asymmetric fat resorption Risk of one buttock to another, which may give an unbalanced result and requiring retouching.
- risk of bad "engraftment", resulting in fat necrosis with nodules of "fat necrosis", usually spontaneous resorption or causing their surgical removal.
- Risk of oil cysts, which may lead to their surgical removal.
- The patient must be prepared to a second operation 6 months to 1 year later to create more volume.
You should know that "too much fat injected immediately" increases the risk of necrosis and oil cyst, but also unnecessarily consumes fat reserve of the patient.
Before buttock fat transfer surgery
- A preoperative blood test is required
- Medical guidelines to follow are:
- Stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or oral anticoagulants 15 days before surgery.
- stop oral contraceptives (pills) one month before the procedure.
Anesthesia and hospital stay
This is a conventional general anesthesia.
The intervention requires 1-2 nights postoperative hospitalization (depending on the amount of fat removed).
Buttock fat transfer procedure
- 1st time: Collection of fat by liposuction:
- The selection of sampling areas of fat depends on donor sites available, the amount deemed necessary fat and desires of the patient.
- This is a real liposuction performed in the most atraumatic as possible, with small incisions hidden in the natural folds using a thin suction cannula.
- 2nd time: Treatment of fat by centrifugation according to the method of Coleman or washing and filtration of the fat to separate the intact fat cells, which are grafted, elements that are not transplantable (oil, serum).
- 3rd time: careful injection of fat in the buttocks:
- transfer of fat cells occurs through micro-incisions of 1 to 2 mm.
- The fat is then injected "drip" using thin cannulas in different planes (the gluteus medius to the skin) and according to several paths to allow to increase the area of contact between the transplanted cells, and thereby a better "engraftment". The fat is injected mainly in the upper part of the buttocks.
- The injected volume is variable depending on the amount of fat available and desires (300cc or more for each buttock).
- over-correction should be sought to prevent fat absorption (melting fat or loss of the graft is from 30 to 40%).
Buttock fat transfer post operative
- Moderate pain the first few days at the most important areas sucked. Analgesic treatment will be prescribed.
- The edema (swelling) put 1-3 months to subside.
- The bruising (bruises) are resorbed within 10-20 days.
- Do not sit or sleep on your back for 15 days, walking is allowed from day 1.
- A fatigue.
- A compression sleeve must be worn day and night for six weeks after liposuction.
- The stop-work period is about 15 days.
- The resumption of normal daily activity is done in about three weeks.
- The resumption of sporting activities is allowed after two months.
- The final result (volume and shape of the breasts) is observed after 3-6 months.
Buttock fat grafting results
The end result is observed between 4 to 6 months. It is usually very satisfactory: regalbées buttocks, redesigned contours of buttocks and improved silhouette.
A second session lipomodelling buttocks is possible after 6 months to 1 year if the patient wants more volume, and if the donor areas of fat permit.
The engraftment is estimated at 60-70% depending on the patients. There is therefore a fat absorption of 30 to 40%.
Lipostructure buttocks is a definitive method: grafted the cells remain alive.
However, you should know that fat cells have a genetic memory: when the patient grows or loses weight, breast size varies in the same way.
Buttock fat transfer risks
Complications of surgery buttock augmentation by fat injection are fortunately very rare.
- The thromboembolic events (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism).
- The infection is exceptional.
Complications specific to buttock fat grafting:
- Cystostéatonécrose by bad "engraftment".
- Oily cysts.
- Result Imperfections: asymmetry, excessive resorption, insufficient volume, irregularities.
- At the level of sampling areas: all risks of liposuction.
In all, one should not overstate the risks, but just be aware that surgery, even seemingly simple, always has a small share of hazards.
Procedure : taking the fat through liposuction, centrifugation fat and fat injection in the buttocks.
Hospital stay : 2 nights.
Length :1 to 2 hours or more.
Anesthesia : General
Stay in Tunisia : 7 nights.
Recovery : 7 to 10 days.