Fat transfer in Tunisia
Lipofilling or autologous fat transfer or fat grafting is a cosmetic surgery that results in the removal of fat from the patient's body to reinject it in the desired area. This autologous fat that is for reshaping the body is well tolerated by the patient's body.
Lipofilling may concern several areas of the human body:
- Face fat transfer: for filling wrinkles and restore volume of the face.
- Breast fat transfer: for breast augmentation.
- Buttock fat transfer: to increase and remodeling buttocks.
- Hips: for increasing hips.
- Calf augmentation: calves fat transfer for increasing or correcting hypoplasia.
Also called lipostructure, lipofilling helps reshape body parts to give them a more aesthetic and harmonious appearance.
Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda offers to carry your fat grafting abroad; in Tunisia. Enjoy a relaxing and ideal local setting with very advantageous prices.
What is fat transfer or fat grafting surgery?
The word "lipofilling" literally translates as "filling with grease."
The purpose of this technique is to inject the patient's fat to fill natural or post-traumatic depressions (hollow). So this is a true self-grafting of fat cells by reinjection of the fat taken from the patient himself.
The reliability of this technique has significantly increased since the advent of the technique of Dr. S.Coleman that uses centrifugation of fat taken before reinjection; it is the least traumatic sampling technique for the fat.
This technique is thus used both as part of the aesthetic plastic surgery.
You should know that 30% of the injected fat can be reabsorbed, so that a second session of lipofilling 6 months-1 year is still possible.
Indications for fat grafting surgery
We distinguish two cases: the indications in aesthetic surgery and plastic surgery:
Indications of fat transfer surgery in cosmetic surgery
- The filling and attenuation of certain wrinkles, especially on the face
- The restoration of the "fullness" of a gaunt face or in the early stages of facial aging.
- Restoring volumes and shapes of the face; it may include the restoration of a face emaciated by aging.
- A supplement associated with certain head and neck facelifts to improve facial harmony.
- In cosmetic surgery, increasing the calves or buttocks.
Indications of fat grafting in reconstructive surgery
- Breast reconstruction after cancer: it may be the improvement of contours of a breast reconstruction or consequences of a conservative treatment of the breast, or a complete breast reconstruction.
- Filling a depression tissue following trauma or malformation.
- The correction of irregularities secondary to a poorly conducted liposuction
- The correction of fat fonts after triple therapy in HIV + patients.
Preparation for fat transfer surgery
A preoperative assessment is carried out according to regulations.
Tobacco is highly discouraged one month before surgery is recommended in view of its adverse effect on wound healing.
No medication containing aspirin should be taken within 10 days before surgery.Type of anesthesia and hospital procedures
Type of anesthesia: Lipostructure is usually performed under a deep local anesthesia by tranquilizers administered intravenously (anesthesia "guard") or general anesthesia.
Terms of hospitalization: This surgery is most often performed as an outpatient, the input and output taking place the same day.
It may be appropriate to remain hospitalized overnight following the intervention.
Fat transfer surgery procedure
Each surgeon adopts a technique that is clean and fits it to each case to get the best results. However, it may hold common basic principles:
One begins by making precise registration of the donor sites of the fat, as well as the reinjected areas.
The removal of the adipose tissue is performed atraumatically by a micro-incision hidden in natural folds, with a very thin suction cannula.
We have chosen a discrete area where there was a reserve, or excess of fat tissue.
This is followed by centrifugation for several minutes, so as to separate the intact fat cells, which will be grafted, from the elements that are not graftable.
Reinjection of the fat tissue is from incisions of 1 mm by using micro-cannulas.
We proceed with the injection of fat microparticles in different planes and in multiple and different directions, to increase the area of contact between the implanted cells and the recipient tissue, which improves the survival of the transplanted fat cells.
In case of a true plug grafts of living cells, and provided that the technique is good and effective engraftment, the grafted cells remain alive in the body, making the lipostructure a technique a success as the fat cells grafted will live as long as the tissues that are around them.
The duration of the operation depends on the amount of reinjected grease and the number of locations to be treated. It can vary from 30 minutes to 2 hours in case of isolated lipostructure.
After fat transfer surgery
In the postoperative course, the pain is generally low.
Tissue swelling (edema) appears during the 48 hours of the procedure and will usually 5 to 15 days to be totally eliminated.
Bruising (bruises) appear in the early hours at the fat reinjection areas: they are reabsorbed within 10-20 days after surgery.
Thus, if the physical recovery is usually rapid due to the light and superficial nature of the intervention, it will be necessary to carefully consider the importance of social discomfort caused by swelling and bruising, to adapt his life family, professional and social.
The stop-work period is 2 to 8 days.
The hiatus period on sport activities is 2 months.
The final result is not seen until 3-6 months. 30% of the injected fat can be reabsorbed and thus one second session lipofilling 6 months-1 year is almost always possible.
Fat transfer surgery risks
Complications lipofilling (lipostructure) are fortunately very rare. Patients are in the vast majority of cases very satisfied with the outcome. However complications are unpredictable and can occur even when the surgeon has all the skills required for the exercise of Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- General complications
These are the risks associated with general anesthesia, of thromboembolic events (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism), hematoma, and exceptional infections.
- Complications specific to lipofilling: These are basically the result of imperfections:
- Either by excessive resorption of the injected fat cells, which results in insufficient correction of the depression, which can lead to a new fat transfer surgery few months after the first one.
- Either by overcorrection of depression, much more difficult to treat because that could lead to a real surgical removal of excess fat, with scarring risks and uncertainties.
Fat transfer surgery price & cost
Fill in our quotation form online to have the price, cheap and affordable, for your fat transfer or lipofilling abroad.
Procedure : The principle is to achieve true autologous fat cells by reinjection of the fat taken from the patient himself.
Hospital stay : 2 nights (1night before + 1 night after the surgery).
Length :1 hour.
Anesthesia : local or general anesthesia
Side Effects : swelling, redness, discomfort.
Risks : infection, procedure may need to be repeated.
Stay in Tunisia : 5 nights = 2 nights at the clinic + 3 nights at the hotel.
Recovery : back to work: immediately.